In this post you will learn how to:
- Save incoming email messages from your Office 365 Outlook inbox to SharePoint
- Apply metadata and retention labels as you save emails to SharePoint for quick search and easy record management using Colligo Email Manager for Microsoft 365
- Set up quick access “pinned” SharePoint folders to rapid save to desired file locations
- Share emails as a secure link without leaving Outlook
- Capture email to SharePoint using Outlook for O365 on a mobile device
To save an email to SharePoint with metadata and labels
Note: This process can be completed using Outlook on any platform (Outlook on Windows or Mac Desktop, Outlook Online, using Outlook Mobile App for iOS or Android). The screenshots below show the Windows Desktop version of Outlook.
Follow this method:
- Click on the Colligo email manager icon to open the side bar on the right in Outlook.
- If you wish to file any attachments separately from the email check this box.
- Choose a filing location using any of the following options:
- Choose from a prompted location, which will be based on previous emails you filed for this sender.
- Choose one of the locations that your administrator has pushed to Colligo.
- Choose from the “pinned” locations you previously selected as favourites.
- Search for any site in the search box. You can then search for any folder in the selected site.
- Browse through the list of all the M365 filing locations you have access to in OneDrive, SharePoint, or Microsoft Teams.
- Click on the upload icon.
- If you are separating attachments, choose the files and attachments to upload.
- Review metadata automatically captured such as Sender, Recipient, Subject, Date Sent, etc.
- Add any further tags required for your records management.
- Add a retention label to employment agreements, contracts, etc. that determine how long a document will be stored in SharePoint.
- Click Continue to upload email.
Share a link to email saved in SharePoint right from Outlook
You can conveniently share a link to an email immediately after you have copied it to SharePoint from the Follow-on screen.
- Choose the desired sharing option, including putting a message in Microsoft Teams or sending a link.
- A new email will be created. Add recipients and other information as needed before sending.
Note: you can send a link anytime when creating a new email by clicking on the Colligo icon.
Capture email to SharePoint on a mobile device
This example is using the iPhone Outlook Mobile App.
- Preview an email and click on the ellipses (…) to the right of the recipient line.
- Choose the Colligo add-in (note this should be pushed by your Administrator).
- Choose the filing location and label and file the same way as the desktop app.
Want to try it out?