Last Updated on October 6, 2023 by Sarah Gayda
The Colligo team had the pleasure of attending and sponsoring Microsoft 365 Ottawa last week. Microsoft 365 Ottawa is a free community‐focused technology event dedicated to educating and engaging members of the local technical community. It was great to see our many great partners and end customers in person at the venue, the Microsoft offices in Ottawa!
Many of our conversations centred on a similar theme: we need to better file emails to SharePoint. “Emails are everywhere,” and “nobody saves their emails where they are supposed to” were common conversation points. Luckily, Colligo is able to provide a solution for these pain points.
However, we also heard from many who are still preparing their SharePoint Online environments to be able to save files and emails. Many organizations are still in the process of moving and shifting workloads to the Cloud and SharePoint Online.
— Mike Maadarani (@mikemaadarani) September 28, 2023
At a broader level, we want to highlight three takeaways from the Microsoft 365 Ottawa event in case you were unable to attend:
AI is front and center
- With the advent of Microsoft Copilot, sessions around AI and recent developments from Microsoft in this area were front and centre. Public and private sector organizations can benefit from recent tools, like Copilot, but also Microsoft Syntex, among others.
- Syntex also received considerable ‘air-time’ at this year’s event, as Content AI is something highly topical to practitioners right now. As a reminder, Syntex uses AI and machine learning to provide an end-to-end intelligent document processing solution for your organization.
Data loss prevention and compliance are hot topics
- As organizations continually store content in cloud locations, it can become further at risk for accidental or malicious misuse, amplified by more mediums for sharing and transmission. It was great to see a session from Microsoft MVP David Dreever, providing a real-world approach to leveraging Microsoft Purview’s Data Loss Prevention (DLP) solutions while implementing practical rules and policies for a more comprehensive solution to the problem.
- Data and people are the lifeblood of every organization, and this explains why data protection is growing in importance. With “79% of large US businesses experiencing a data breach in 2021,” new ways of protecting and securing data are needed.
Employee experience remains important
- At the heart of what Microsoft does is the employee experience. The keynote at Microsoft 365 Ottawa this year featured the key collaboration platforms in employee experience (Viva), aiming to allow organizations to get the most out of their Microsoft tools.
Other topical sessions and themes included: Power Automate, Open AI, Microsoft Loop, and general management of Microsoft 365 environments.
Colligo was proud to be a sponsor of this year’s Microsoft 365 Ottawa and to spend time with truly the best community in tech! Thanks again to all the organizers of this great event.