New Release Provides Support for Microsoft Office/Outlook 2010 and New SharePoint 2010 ECM Features
Vancouver, BC, June 29, 2010 – Colligo Networks Inc., the leader in SharePoint client solutions, today announced the launch of Version 4.2 of its Contributor for SharePoint product line – a family of award winning client applications that improve the SharePoint user experience and increase SharePoint adoption throughout the enterprise. The new version provides Microsoft Office/Outlook 2010 compatibility along with support for new SharePoint 2010 enterprise content management (ECM) features including keyword metadata, document sets, and in-place records management.
“The launch of Microsoft Office and SharePoint 2010 has really changed the ECM landscape, opening up many new opportunities for Colligo,” said Barry Jinks, Founder and CEO, Colligo Networks. “Because of the significant productivity and efficiency improvements promised with Office and SharePoint 2010, we’re finding that organizations are planning to upgrade to the new version much faster than we have seen in the past. Because Colligo’s products are tightly integrated with Microsoft Outlook and SharePoint, Version 4.2 will enable our customers to take advantage of the important new ECM features available to them in SharePoint 2010 through the Outlook interface.”
In addition to significant performance enhancements across all Contributor products, new features and functionality of Version 4.2 are highlighted below:
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2010 Ready – Contributor V4.2 is now compatible with Microsoft Office 2010 installations. Contributor Pro, Add-In, and Uploader customers can now take full advantage of Outlook 2010 in their organizations (note: V4.2 still supports Outlook 2003 and 2007).
- Keyword Metadata – Version 4.2 now supports the use of Keyword Metadata fields, allowing user created folksonomies to be accessible via the Colligo metadata editor. Users can set, edit, and modify terms from term stores on the server through a simple type-ahead interface from the Colligo Term selector. Contributor retrieves potential term matches from the server and lets the users select the desired term. Selected metadata terms can then be used in filters and views to present items in a structure format.
- In-Place Records Management – In-place records management is a feature that restricts the use of items stored in SharePoint, without first moving them to a special storage location. Contributor V4.2 identifies in-place records using a special icon and respects the server restrictions on deleting and updating of declared records.
- Document Sets – Documents sets are groups of items that are associated through a relationship, allowing them to be managed and controlled as a group. Contributor V4.2 downloads existing documents sets from the server and identifies them with a special icon. Document set items can be viewed, modified, added, or deleted from within Colligo Contributor V4.2.
- Synchronization Performance Optimization – A number of optimizations to the processing and synchronization of content with the Contributor SQL database are included to accelerate synchronization and increase overall performance.
Colligo Contributor Pro was recently named the winner of the “2009 Community Choice Awards” in the SharePoint category by Penton Media’s Windows IT Pro magazine. The winning products in each category are both nominated and selected based on individual voting by IT professionals. For more information see http://windowsitpro.com/awards/CommunityChoice.html.
Colligo Contributor is a desktop software suite that drives SharePoint adoption by enabling users to easily access, capture, and tag SharePoint content from popular desktop applications, including Microsoft Outlook and Windows Explorer. With the award-winning Colligo Contributor product line, information workers can instantly view, modify, and create SharePoint documents, forms, lists, and metadata, whether online or offline. Easy to deploy, learn, and use, Colligo Contributor requires no server modifications and provides a new level of desktop support for all shipping versions of Microsoft SharePoint. Custom interfaces can be built on the Contributor runtime using the Software Development Kit (SDK). Products in the Colligo Contributor product family can be purchased from the Colligo store at www.colligo.com/store. For more information on pricing and availability of the Contributor Software Development Kit, partners and customers should contact firstname.lastname@example.org. The free Colligo Reader (for individual users only) and a 30-day trial of Colligo Contributor Pro are available at www.colligo.com. Volume pricing and other enquiries can be directed to email@example.com .
– Ends –
About Colligo Networks
Colligo Networks is the leading global provider of client software that drives SharePoint adoption by enabling users to easily access, capture, and tag SharePoint content from popular desktop applications, including Microsoft Outlook and Windows Explorer. With the award-winning Colligo Contributor product line, information workers can instantly view, modify, and create SharePoint documents, forms, lists, and metadata, whether online or offline. Users can also drag-and-drop emails and attachments, automatically capturing metadata. Making SharePoint easy and accessible ensures that all workers are engaged and all enterprise content is managed. Colligo is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner with a customer base that includes Fortune 500 companies in more than 55 countries. Customers include Siemens, PricewaterhouseCoopers, General Motors, KPMG, Cadbury, and Watson Wyatt. For more information, please visit www.colligo.com.
Colligo is a trademark of Colligo Networks, Inc. All other corporate names and / or product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
For further information, please contact:
Tel: 604 724 7755