New Release Provides SharePoint 2010 Compatibility Along With a Host of New Features
Vancouver, BC, April 20, 2010 – Colligo Networks Inc., the leader in SharePoint client solutions, today announced the launch of Version 4.1 of its Contributor for SharePoint product line – a family of award winning client applications that improve the SharePoint user experience and increase SharePoint adoption throughout the enterprise. The new version provides SharePoint 2010 compatibility and significantly extends the enterprise content management (ECM) capabilities of SharePoint through support for client-side email management, enterprise managed metadata, and support for several new enterprise deployment and configuration options including Terminal Server.
“Version 4.1 of Contributor builds on the momentum SharePoint has been gaining in the enterprise content management space,” said Barry Jinks, Founder and CEO, Colligo Networks. “Colligo is focused on helping organizations increase the adoption of SharePoint for ECM by ensuring that users can easily access, capture, and tag SharePoint content from the applications they use constantly, like Outlook. This release builds on the enterprise grade capabilities Colligo Contributor is known for by adding support for new SharePoint 2010 features such as managed metadata, extensive configuration options, and offering the world’s first solution for caching SharePoint content and structure in a terminal server environment.”
In addition to performance enhancements across all Contributor products, significant new feature and functionality include:
- SharePoint 2010 Compatibility – Contributor supports SharePoint 2010 sites in addition to WSS, SPS 2003 and MOSS 2007 sites. Content management features such as syncing libraries and lists; creating, updating and deleting content; check in/out; editing metadata properties; and uploading emails with metadata extraction can now be used with SharePoint 2010 sites.
- Enterprise Managed Metadata and Term Stores – Contributor supports SharePoint 2010 Enterprise Managed Metadata and presents managed metadata columns in views, enabling filtering and sorting. In addition, online terms can be set and updated using a new term selector in the metadata editor. Term stores are accessed and retrieved directly from the server as required.
- Email Send & File – Users can now easily save an email to SharePoint – while sending it from Outlook. Using the new Send & File button, users simply double-click a SharePoint folder and a copy of the email is then uploaded to SharePoint. The customizable Filing Advisor even suggests filing locations based on recently used folders, recent email threads, or enables users to choose any Colligo for SharePoint folder. Users will find this feature extremely convenient, so they will save more relevant emails and attachments to SharePoint.
- Copy Outlook Folders – Emails and documents stored in Personal folders in Outlook can be hard to find, and are only available to individual users. With Version 4.1, users can easily copy Outlook folders (including all content and sub-folders) to any Colligo for SharePoint folder. A corresponding folder tree is created in SharePoint. Emails are imported as .msg files and all email metadata is captured. The result is improved search/findability, collaboration, and retention.
- Metadata Capture During File > Save As – With Version 4.1, users are prompted for content type and associated metadata when using File > Save As to store a file into a SharePoint folder that has been cached using Colligo Contributor. These folders are available under the Colligo for SharePoint root folder in any application using the standard Windows Explorer navigation tree. This provides a simple method for files saved from any application (including MS Visio, CAD programs, etc.) to be stored in SharePoint along with associated metadata.
- Contributor Configuration Editor – The Configuration Editor is a new tool that streamlines the management of registry settings (which modifies Contributor operations and features). It’s now easier to configure and deploy Colligo Contributor. The tool can be found under the Colligo Contributor program group in the Windows launch bar. It provides information on the settings, their purpose, and possible values.
- Terminal Server Support – Contributor can now be used within terminal server environments, where users work from multiple computers. With Version 4.1, the Contributor cache is located on a network storage location – so users can login to any computer with Contributor installed to both access their synced content and to add new content.
- Synchronization Performance Enhanced – With Version 4.1, synchronization is notably faster. Colligo has made a number of optimizations to the processing and synchronization of content between SharePoint and Contributor to accelerate performance.
- Spanish (Castilian) & Spanish (Mexican) Localization – Version 4.1 now supports Spanish languages, adding to the previously supported English, French, and German. The languages are automatically selected to match the language of the underlying Microsoft Windows operating system installation.
Colligo Contributor Pro was recently named the winner of the “2009 Community Choice Awards” in the SharePoint category by Penton Media’s Windows IT Pro magazine. The winning products in each category are both nominated and selected based on individual voting by IT professionals. For more information see http://windowsitpro.com/awards/CommunityChoice.html.
Colligo Contributor is a desktop software suite that drives SharePoint adoption by enabling users to easily access, capture, and tag SharePoint content from popular desktop applications, including Microsoft Outlook and Windows Explorer. With the award-winning Colligo Contributor product line, information workers can instantly view, modify, and create SharePoint documents, forms, lists, and metadata, whether online or offline. Easy to deploy, learn, and use, Colligo Contributor requires no server modifications and provides a new level of desktop support for all shipping versions of Microsoft SharePoint. Custom interfaces can be built on the Contributor runtime using the Software Development Kit (SDK).
Products in the Colligo Contributor product family can be purchased from the Colligo store at www.colligo.com/store. For more information on pricing and availability of the Contributor Software Development Kit, partners and customers should contact firstname.lastname@example.org. The free Colligo Reader (for individual users only) and a 30-day trial of Colligo Contributor Pro are available at www.colligo.com. Volume pricing and other enquiries can be directed to email@example.com.
– Ends –
About Colligo Networks
Colligo Networks is the leading global provider of client software that drives SharePoint adoption by enabling users to easily access, capture, and tag SharePoint content from popular desktop applications, including Microsoft Outlook and Windows Explorer. With the award-winning Colligo Contributor product line, information workers can instantly view, modify, and create SharePoint documents, forms, lists, and metadata, whether online or offline. Users can also drag-and-drop emails and attachments, automatically capturing metadata. Making SharePoint easy and accessible ensures that all workers are engaged and all enterprise content is managed. Colligo is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner with a customer base that includes Fortune 500 companies in more than 55 countries. Customers include Siemens, PricewaterhouseCoopers, General Motors, KPMG, Cadbury, and Watson Wyatt. For more information, please visit www.colligo.com.
Colligo is a trademark of Colligo Networks, Inc. All other corporate names and / or product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
For further information, please contact:
Tel: 604 724 7755