New Enterprise Content Management Features in Colligo Contributor Drive User Adoption and Relevance of Content
Vancouver, BC, May 12, 2010 – Colligo Networks Inc., a provider of SharePoint Server client solutions, today announced that its award-winning Colligo Contributor product line has been extended to support Microsoft® SharePoint® Server 2010. In addition, new features, such as improved support for Microsoft Outlook and SharePoint Server, client-side editing of Managed Metadata, term store integration, and new deployment and configuration options, enhance Colligo Contributor’s support for enterprise content management (ECM) applications.
“Colligo is helping Microsoft achieve its goal of “ECM for the Masses,” by providing client-side software products that drive user adoption and increase the relevance of content being managed by enterprises deploying SharePoint Server 2010,” said Barry Jinks, President and CEO, Colligo Networks. “We are committed to providing the industry’s leading support for integrating SharePoint Server with the desktops of enterprise users by linking it to Microsoft Outlook, Windows Explorer, and many other desktop applications. Colligo Contributor is becoming an invaluable tool in ECM scenarios such as email and document management, attachment management, records management, and Exchange Public Folders migration to SharePoint Server.”
“We see the combination of Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 and Colligo Contributor as providing new ways for people to work better together while increasing productivity,” said Jared Spataro, Director of Product Management for SharePoint at Microsoft Corp. “Colligo Contributor complements the advanced ECM features and functionality in SharePoint Server 2010 powering productivity and collaboration across the applications people already know and use.”
Colligo Contributor increases user adoption of SharePoint 2010 in ECM scenarios, while improving both the quality and quantity of content being managed. It provides organizations with three primary capabilities:
- The ability to choose the user interface that is right for its users – Whether users are primarily accessing SharePoint Server via Outlook, Windows Explorer or other desktop applications, Contributor enables organizations to pick the interface best suited to the needs or workflows of their users.
- Tools that make it easy for users to get content into SharePoint Server – Contributor provides a number of options for users to easily get content into SharePoint Server, including drag-and-drop, Outlook rules and Send & File functionality. The easier it is to get content into SharePoint Server, the more likely it is for content to be managed.
- Tools that provide advanced metadata capture capabilities – Metadata is the heart of any ECM application and Contributor’s advanced metadata features help users to easily tag content when it’s first created or moved to SharePoint Server. Automatic, default, and “On the fly” metadata capture and editing features drive better findability, compliance, and retention of emails and documents.
Specific capabilities in Colligo Contributor to support ECM applications include:
- Email and Attachment Management – A new “send and file” feature surfaced in Microsoft Outlook enables users to save emails and attachments to SharePoint Server automatically when sending a message. Coupled with built-in attachment management, and automatic email metadata extraction, Contributor provides a rich interface for email management applications.
- Enterprise Managed Metadata and Support for the Term Store – Contributor supports the SharePoint Server 2010 Managed Metadata Service and presents managed metadata columns in views, enabling filtering and sorting. In addition, online terms can be set and updated using a new term selector in the metadata editor. Term stores are accessed and retrieved directly from the server as required.
- Rich Metadata Access and Editing Anywhere – All Contributor interfaces enable users to capture and edit metadata through a rich client interface, both online and offline. This means users can access and edit metadata wherever they are working – an important capability for mobile professionals.
Colligo Contributor is a desktop software suite that drives SharePoint adoption by enabling users to easily access, capture, and tag SharePoint content from popular desktop applications, including Microsoft Outlook and Windows Explorer. With the award-winning Colligo Contributor product line, information workers can instantly view, modify, and create SharePoint documents, forms, lists, and metadata, whether online or offline. Easy to deploy, learn, and use, Colligo Contributor requires no server modifications and provides a new level of desktop support for all shipping versions of Microsoft SharePoint. Custom interfaces can be built on the Contributor runtime using the Software Development Kit (SDK).
Products in the Colligo Contributor product family can be purchased from the Colligo store at www.colligo.com/store. For more information on pricing and availability of the Contributor Software Development Kit, partners and customers should contact email@example.com . The free Colligo Reader (for individual users only) and a 30-day trial of Colligo Contributor Pro are available at www.colligo.com. Volume pricing and other enquiries can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org .
– Ends –
About Colligo Networks
Colligo Networks is the leading global provider of client software that drives SharePoint adoption by enabling users to easily access, capture, and tag SharePoint content from popular desktop applications, including Microsoft Outlook and Windows Explorer. With the award-winning Colligo Contributor product line, information workers can instantly view, modify, and create SharePoint documents, forms, lists, and metadata, whether online or offline. Users can also drag-and-drop emails and attachments, automatically capturing metadata. Making SharePoint easy and accessible ensures that all workers are engaged and all enterprise content is managed. Colligo is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner with a customer base that includes Fortune 500 companies in more than 55 countries. Customers include Siemens, PricewaterhouseCoopers, General Motors, KPMG, Cadbury, and Watson Wyatt. For more information, please visit www.colligo.com.
Colligo is a trademark of Colligo Networks, Inc. All other corporate names and / or product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
For further information, please contact:
Tel: 604 724 7755