Who are we and why Colligo is a great place to work!
Colligo is a growing, innovative provider of enterprise solutions that redefine how people collaborate, share information, and stay informed about the most important events and critical data. Your work here will have an impact in some of the largest corporations in North America and worldwide.
We develop knowledge management apps for Windows, OSX, iOS and Android and need a creative expert who works with the strengths of different platforms to design unified interaction flows and user interfaces for multi-device business environments.
We pay well, have great benefits, offer flexible working conditions, encourage career development, and do fun events on a regular basis. Our heritage offices consist of two floors featuring brick and exposed wood high ceilings, windows that open, and a shower in case you ride your bike to work. Located in the vibrant Vancouver neighborhood of Yaletown, we are right next door to rapid transit and buses, and surrounded by great restaurants.
Are you passionate about building great user experiences that span the desktop and mobile applications space? Do you like to be challenged by combining innovative UX/UI with sophisticated features and functionality? If so, then you are the person we are looking for.
UX/UI at Colligo is a small group that collaborates within cross-functional teams to transform visions into designs that bring simplicity and usability to complex systems. We have an established commitment to user experience here and all teams have a growing fluency in the language of design thinking.
- Work closely with UX designers, product managers, and engineers to translate product objectives into design specifications and deliverables
- Visual design of art assets and icons for desktop and mobile applications and the web
- User interface design and design exploration in wireframes, storyboards, interaction flows, and interactive prototypes
- Qualitative and Quantitative User Research to provide insight and clarity into our users’ business process
- Present your design explorations, solutions, and tradeoff rationale to clearly and persuasively communicate design concepts to team partners and senior stakeholders
- Engage with external communities to bring new and valuable knowledge into the company
Skills & Requirements
- Expertise in user-centered design processes, human factors, usability heuristics, and software design best practices
- Solid experience driving user-centered design processes that requires collaboration with internal stakeholders and external customers
- Experience in Agile and Lean methodologies and the ability to implement their principals into your daily activities
- Branding for software
- 3-5 years of work experience in UX / UI / Interaction Design
- A strong portfolio demonstrating mobile interface design and design thinking, (ideally including process documentation as sketches, user flows, wireframes for multiple form factors)
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and Illustrator) and a demonstrated ability to produce graphical assets for small form factor
- Expertise with tools such as Invision, Omnigraffle, Sketch, or Axure and skilled in rapidly generating user flows, wireframes, and clickable prototypes
- University degree in Human Computer Interaction, Graphic Design or Digital Media
Interested in this great opportunity?
How to apply: Please submit your cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
Include a link to your portfolio and any of your public or social media profiles relevant to your design work (your blog, Tumbler, Dribble, Twitter handle, or any other place where your prior work may be publicly available for us to see). Don’t have any those? Highlight your best achievements to-date in your cover letter.
Thank you very much for interest in working at Colligo. Due to the high volume of applicants we apologize in advance that only those under consideration can be contacted.
Date Posted: 2015-05-20