Awhile back I posted about a webinar I was doing with Tricia Bush of Microsoft entitled “Is SharePoint 2010 Ready for Enterprise Content Management?” We presented it on Tuesday. It went very well with over 2,500 registrants. The webinar is available for instant replay here. In addition to the webinar, you can also get a trial of Contributor Pro and request a case study on how Watson Wyatt is deploying SharePoint 2010 and Colligo Contributor for content and records management.
Tricia Bush, Director of Microsoft’s SharePoint Enterprise Business, discussed SharePoint 2010 as an ECM platform. She highlighted new 2010 ECM features and how Microsoft has extended the platform particularly in the area of metadata management, records management, and scalability. My section follows with a discussion on how SharePoint client solutions like Colligo Contributor promote user participation and increase the amount of content being managed.
On-demand webinar highlights:
- What’s new in SharePoint 2010 for better ECM
- Why SharePoint 2010 can improve records management
- How Microsoft addressed limitations of SharePoint 2007
- Why integrating SharePoint & Outlook is critical for ECM
- How to give Outlook users offline SharePoint access
- Tips to drive ECM adoption by supporting email and document drag-and-drop with automatic metadata capture