Recently, I had the distinct privilege to join Microsoft SharePoint, OneDrive and Office 365 product leaders Dan Holme, Reuben Krippner, Chris McNulty, and Mark Kashman for a spirited discussion on the new Microsoft SharePoint mobile portfolio, and how the newly-released Colligo Engage platform complements those Microsoft mobile applications. Our 90-minute event—“Collaborate Anywhere: SharePoint & OneDrive Mobile Apps”—served as the keynote for the recent Unity Connect conference.
The event included a 20+ minute interview, where Microsoft SharePoint Director of Product Marketing Dan Holme and I covered several topics germane to the future of mobile content management in the enterprise:
- The data governance challenge facing industries like transportation, pharma, engineering, and other regulated verticals;
- How centralized content and policy distribution have become mandates for IT leaders in collaborative enterprises;
- Reaching the ideal of mobile-managed metadata and taxonomies;
- How email management works with deep integration between SharePoint and Outlook; and,
- Establishing, measuring, and making actionable mobile usage metrics for compliance tracking.
It’s an exciting time for mobile content management in the collaborative enterprise. The new SharePoint and Office 365 mobile application puts the intranet on the device. And Colligo Engage 2016 will extend it even further, with — (1) extension into the email applications enterprise users use most, (2) central IT distribution of the right content and policies across mobile devices, (3) broad support for the new taxonomies and metadata-tagging that IT leaders demand, and (4) central tracking and dashboards of mobile content usage. To learn more, watch the entire 90-Minute session recording here »