Who are we and why Colligo is a great place to work!
We develop apps for Windows, iOS, OSX, and Android. We’re creating a unified user experience across all platforms that redefines how people collaborate, share information, and stay informed on the most important events and critical data.
We develop knowledge management apps for Windows, iOS, OSX, and Android. We operate on all form factors and need a creative expert to blend form and function into beautifully designed applications.
We pay well, have great benefits, offer flexible working conditions, encourage career development, and do fun events on a regular basis. Our heritage offices consist of two floors featuring brick and exposed wood high ceilings, windows that open, and a shower in case you ride your bike to work. Located in the vibrant Vancouver neighborhood of Yaletown, we are right next door to rapid transit and buses, and surrounded by great restaurants.
Are you passionate about building great user experiences that span the desktop and mobile applications space? Do you like to be challenged by combining innovative UX/UI with sophisticated features and functionality? If so, then you are the person we are looking for.
- Immerse yourself in the user experience of the knowledge worker as the shift to SaaS, mobile and the exploitation of social-in-the-enterprise seek to redefine how people work and collaborate.
- Transform visions into concepts and translate designs that illustrate simplicity and usability of a complex system.
- Develop UX story boards, UI specifications and wireframes that visually illustrate the core themes of the application and the value prop to end-users.
- Establish a UX community within the organization that inspires others in the art of design.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team in an environment of open innovation.
- Engage with external communities to bring new and valuable knowledge into the company.
Skills & Requirements
- Effective communicator and presenter to audiences large and small
- Expertise with design tools such as Photoshop and Illustrator and the proficiency in creating graphical assets for applications and web
- Strong understanding of Agile and Lean methodologies and the ability to implement their principles into your daily activities
- 5+ years of application and UI design of consumer software with demonstrable high-volume, high-profile user adoption
- Solid experience driving user-center design processes that require collaboration with internal stakeholders and external customers
- Experience with mockup tools such as Invision, Omnigraffle, Axure RP and skilled in rapidly generating user flows, wireframes, 'lo-fi' and ‘hi-fi’ prototypes for iterative usability testing
- University degree in Human Computer Interaction, Graphic Design, or Digital Media
Interested in this great opportunity?
How to apply: Please submit your cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
Strong portfolio available for viewing (online preferred). Include your Github, Slideshare or Twitter alias (or any other place where your prior work may be publicly available for us to see). Include a link to your blog. Don’t have any those? Highlight your best achievements to-date in your cover letter.
Thank you very much for interest in working at Colligo. Due to the high volume of applicants we apologize in advance that only those under consideration can be contacted.
Date Posted: 2015-04-14